Starting Baby Sleep Consultant Training was a natural step for me, as a teacher, scientist and sleep consultant I felt a big gap in the industry for Science based sleep consultancy education taught by fully qualified teachers.
I developed the Baby Sleep Consultant Cartification programme in a way that ensures all our graduates leave with the knowledge they need to help families achieve their sleep goals, and the skills to ensure they are evaluating each baby as an individual, digging for a deeper understanding of why the sleep problem exists. This ensures we produce the highest caliber of sleep consultants possible and this is evident through their testimonials.
I have a huge passion for children, sleep and teaching. I love watching consultant trainees work their way through our programme and come out the other side with a real skill they can put into practice immediately. Watching them learn, question their ideas and then applying their knowledge with empathy, understanding and compassion to tired families is what drives me.
I am proud of the fact that all our graduates are individually mentored throughout their learning process as I do not believe this can be taught any other way. The mentor – student relationship builds over the 4-6 months, and having someone to ask those tricky questions to is invaluable.
I love teaching the range of sleep training methods, the experience I have in gentle sleep training, and tricky clients with unusual medical issues or family dynamics is something important to pass onto new consultants.
Marketing and business development is something we also discuss in the training programme and afterwards in our private groups. I am privileged to have been taught by a lot of industry experts, and enjoy passing on information to help new consultants become successful in their local market.
Social media, SEO, print marketing, accounting, system establishment and tax rules all need to be understood to successfully start a business and I can help answer your questions, teach you some tricks and point you in the right direction of experts who can help even more!
I designed the Baby Sleep Consultant Training programme to ensure that all hierarchies of learning are covered.
- Knowledge – all of students can recall a huge range of sleep information, sleep science and human physiology. This would not be possible to teach without the background in Biology I have.
- Comprehension – all students must be able to organise their ideas and knowledge for later recall and understanding.
- Application – the volunteer stage, case studies over tutorials and the mentor relationship ensures that students can take their new information and apply it to a new situation. No two families will be the same! Without one on one mentoring this is very hard to teach.
- Analysis – students are taught how to analyse their clients intake forms and break them down identifying reasons, causes and what is motivating the family. We do a lot of this over tutorials, in homework, and with the mentors.
- Synthesis – once students are working with volunteer clients they are creating their own plans and producing sleep assessments. This is challenging and involves a lot of knowledge comprehension, application, and analysis. You can see careful teaching is needed to produce quality sleep consultants.
- Evaluation – Students are required to evaluate throughout their job, as there is never one right answer for a family, and a successfully trained sleep consultant will see several ways out of the rabbit hole. They will then present these options to a client and help with decision making for the parents based on their experience and knowledge. I feel this is an area a lot of organisations fall down, as CIO is not always the answer and when you are only taught one way you are not able to evaluate successfully.
I would love to hear from you if you are interested in training with us here at Baby Sleep Consultant Training.