Become a Certified Baby Sleep Consultant
Study from home, at your own pace, anywhere in the world. Join the number 1 sleep consultant training program and launch a new career for 2022.
Baby Sleep Consultant experts
Babies and their sleeping habits are our passion
Baby Sleep Consultant Training was born (10 years ago) in response to the huge need for professional in-home and online support for babies and children who don’t sleep well.
Our philosophy is focused on understanding the science of sleep. Once you know why a child sleeps the way they do, the solutions are clear and you will be much more successful in helping sleepless families! We believe:
- Every family has the right to adequate rest
- Every mother and father has the right to be the very best parent they can be
- Every child needs sleep, it’s a biological necessity not a luxury
We’re an Internationally Approved Training Provider
Our training programme is internationally recognised through the international institute of complementary therapies.
We have trained (or are training) consultants in 55 countries.
Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Belgium, Bermuda, Bulgaria, Canada, Cayman Islands, Chile, China, Czech Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Iceland, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Malaysia, Malta, Monaco,Mongolia, Mexico, New Zealand, Netherlands, Nigeria, Oman, Palestine, Philippines, Romania, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Switzerland, Slovakia, Spain, Taiwan, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, United Kingdom, United States and Vietnam.
What our training consists of
Our students are trained on:
- Providing a holistic approach to infant and toddler sleep with healthy sleep hygiene as the foundation for all sleep issues.
- Being able to demonstrate and explain new-born sleep to parents in a manner that suits their individual parenting style.
- Understanding the most internationally recognised baby sleep training practices.
- The science of sleep for new-borns, toddlers and children.
- Family situations and dynamics, nutrition for infants and toddlers, developmental milestones, sleep environments, children and adult temperaments, sleep associations, circadian rhythm and its effect on nap timing and safe sleep practises.
- Offering an objective assessment to assist in developing healthy sleep habits that are age and developmentally appropriate for their clients’ lifestyle, needs and values.
- Providing an in-depth understanding of sleep challenges and the solutions that are available, including acid reflux, eczema, low weight gain, feeding tubes, foot/hip casts, blindness and deafness.
- Understanding of normal lactation, working with lactation consultants and knowing where to get help if needed.
- Knowing the signs of other issues that will require medical attention such as postpartum depression and anxiety (you will receive professional development on this), abuse, tongue ties and poor weight gain. This will ensure you provide the client with the support, guidance and referral they need.
What makes our training different to the rest?
Our training and certification program has been operating for over 10 years with over 1000 students and graduates all over the world, we are experts in what we do.
We are the ONLY training provider to have modules included in our training delivered by experts such as board certifed lactation consultants, clinical psychologists, dieticans, nutritionist, professors in pediatrics, pediatric nurses, reflux experts and more.
We’re the only training program to provide over 30 professional development modules, and 150 tutorials and case studies. We provide you with a mentor for 6 months who will guide you through the training program, and work side by side as you work with your 16 volunteer clients.
All of our students receive on-going support from the Certification team
You therefore have access to all of our qualified mentors, our lecturer’s and our guest lecturers including clinical psychologists, dietitians, nutritionists, nurses, professors and more. Our mentoring team has collective experience of over 50,000 babies, there is nothing we haven’t seen and we can’t wait to share that experience with you. You receive 6 months of coaching from our experts, access to fortnightly live tutorials and on-going access to the closed Facebook group to ask questions, request advice and discuss situations.
We have featured in:
Enquire now and study from home!
Receive training by industry experts from the comfort of your own home.
Meet our tutors!
Our tutors offer training with an industry expert whilst you train at your own pace in your own home.